Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why I Like Winter

I really don't hate winter like a lot of people do. I actually enjoy it quite a bit. The only thing I don't like about Winter is the months where its supposed to be Spring, but its still snowing and cold and wet. But through January and February, I like to enjoy my snow!

First of all, I LOVE to snowboard and ski. Here are a few pictures of the few times we've gone so far. I'm hoping to go more before the season ends!
Here is me and my friend Becki. We went up with a few ladies of the ward and I taught them how to snowboard for the first time. They actually did really well! It was a lot of funThe ladies I went with
I also got to go with my friend Kris and her sister Kelli.Me and Kris
Me being weird with my snowboard :)Me and my snowboard have been through a lot together... many many years :)
There's enough pictures of snowboarding for you- Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of some snowmobiling or sledding soon too (some more reasons why I like Winter)
Here are some more pictures of another thing I like to do in the Winter:
Play outside in the snow with Dallin!
Our Snowman. Can I just say, he did look cute for about a day. I didn't realize that the candy mouth I put on him would smear and look like blood dripping off his face. I should have gotten a picture of it before I kicked it down today- but I'll just say, he looked pretty creepy!Now if we aren't outside playing in the snow, we are trapped inside trying to be creative.
Dallin has an Easter Bunny Mr. Potato Head. It was so funny, I looked over and saw Hailee with the bunny mouth in her mouth! She did it herself!
Dallin wanted to try it out too (he's done it before, but here it is again :)Here's just a little picture I took one night after checking on Hailee. You can't really tell how many there are, but just know that the few wipes you see there were times 20 in her crib and she was laying on a big pile of them. Silly girl :)This is the final reason why I like Winter (January especially): My Birthday! It was my "Golden Birthday" this year. I turned 29 on the 29th. I can't believe I'm getting old! Well, I'm planning on staying 29 for the next few years :)
Kyle made me this cake as a surprise. It is delicious! He is so awesome. What a wonderful husband I have!

3 comments:

becky ward said...

madalyn has done that exact same thing with the wipes. such little turkeys! glad you are enjoying the winter. and happy golden birthday!

The Randalls said...

I'm so jealous of the skiing/snowboarding! I'm also a "weird" one who enjoys winter...maybe it's in our blood. :) I miss it though, and sadly have only gotten in a few skiing trip even wile we were in SLC the last few years.

You and your kids are so beautiful! It's always fun to check in on you. I've finally updated my blog a bit and hope to find more time for recording memories that way this year!

kjjaco5 said...

So cute! Fun to keep up on you guys. And I agree about the getting old thing... where did the time go???!!!