Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun Summer!

This Summer so far has been full of fun. I made my to-do list of chores that I needed to get done this around the house this Summer, and also my to-do list of fun things I wanted to do with the kids. Let just say I've only passed off one thing on my chore to-do list and lots and lots of stuff already on my fun to-do list. That's the way its supposed to be though right?! :)

Here are some more pictures of some of what's been going on this Summer:

I just love these little goof balls!
A beautiful double rainbow I wish I would have done a panoramic view, because it was gorgeous all the way across
Some cool looking clouds
My cute little Hailee bugHere's kind of a random picture- I took a girls' trip with my friend Megan and her neighbor down to Utah just to have some fun and we stayed with one of my old roommates Melodie. We happened to stumble upon this little burger place. We didn't end up eating there, because there were quite a lot of people waiting in line and we were in a hurry, but I thought it was worth taking a picture. This little place was featured on the food network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Kyle and I like to watch that show. I'll have to go down and try it out with him sometime
This past weekend we went to the Wright Family Reunion. It was fun! We went up Friday night and camped out in the tent. The kids did pretty good considering it was Hailee's first time sleeping in a tent. I just wish the wind wasn't whipping the tent sides around all night long. At least it stopped at about 4am so I got a couple of hours sleep before Dallin and Hailee were wide awake at 6am!

They have a lot of fun little things for kids and adults to do, including shooting guns, a treasure hunt, playing in the dirt, the water slide, and the little train you can see here in this picture.Hailee pretty much hated the little train though. Even though it was probably only going about 2 miles an hour :)
Here you can see the giant water slide in the background that they set up for everyone. It was a lot of fun!Here's Dallin havin fun!Dallin went up and down the slide nonstop for about two hours!
Dallin going down the slide- it was actually pretty fast! I went down it a lot too, and I'm still feeling the bumps and bruises :)Here are a couple of videos at the reunion: (sorry the videos are really small- I took the videos on my i-pod, and I didn't realize I was supposed to turn it the other direction)
The first one shows a mad Hailee on the little train. Its actually kind of funny :)

Dallin going down the big slide:

Here are a few other videos I've taken in the past month:
This is a video of Dallin doing what he does best- being silly of course! He's playing with his little guitar that he got from Burger King

Dallin and Hailee playing on his little trike. Cute! I love how they can play so well together sometimes. (I just wish it was all the time :)

Here's a video I tried to get of Hailee talking. She can say all of these things by herself without me having to tell her- but she was pretty distracted when I took the video. I just love her little voice :)


2 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

so cute! they're growing up! that looked like a really fun family reunion! At least you made a list of to-dos! I love it when my kiddos play together too and it also happens where it isn't so cute. Great videos you captured though! Hailee has such bubbly cheeks and that blond, blond hair! So cute!

becky ward said...

that is some slide. FUN! and i love the video of them riding the bike together. cute.