Saturday, November 21, 2009

She's Here!

Hailee Sophia Wright was born on November 18th at 8:22 am. She was 7 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. They had scheduled me to have a cesarean section at 9 am that morning, but the hospital ended up not having the earlier c-section that they had planned, so as soon as I got there that morning, they rushed to get me in for their 8 o'clock time slot. It was nice to not wait around, but at the same time, they didn't get all of the fluids in me through the IV that they had wanted to, so when it came time to get the epidural, it made me pretty sick. I thought I was going to die for a few minutes. After a little while, the sickness passed, and then our little girl was born! She definitely was not as big as they had predicted, (I had an ultrasound two weeks ago where they estimated she was at least 8 and a half pounds.) But she is the perfect size and she is a very healthy girl! It's sad that they have new rules at the hospital for flu season; they won't let any little children in at all, so Dallin couldn't be there to see his new sister.Proud papaWith the grandparentsWe got to come home on Friday and Dallin got to finally meet his new baby sister! He was pretty excited.
Dallin is such a good big brother, he loves sharing his toys with Hailee. Its so funny. I looked over and saw him piling up all his cars in her swing with her. When I gave her a bath today, Dallin went and got one of his bath toys so she had something to play with while I gave her a bath. So sweet!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE the video! What a sweetheart. She is a cutie. :)

Teri said...

Ahhh...She is SO beautiful! Congrats you guys :) I hope you are recovering well Kristen...a new baby is so fun but SO tiring! I love the video of Dallin meeting Hailee for the first time...he will be such a good big brother. And the picture of all of his toys around her made me laugh!

Congrats!!!!!

becky ward said...

oh my! i LOVE to bring a new baby home. it's such an amazing thing! congratulations on another little cutie. that video was adorable. and i love that he gives her toys when she sleeps and baths. SO CUTE!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

She is soooo sweet! Yeah! Dallin was so cute! I knew he would be a sweet older brother! I loved his little squeals! You look so great in your hospital pictures! I looked like a wreck- probably because I didn't bother to put on make-up or anything....

Andrea :) said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! Glad to hear Dallin is such a great helper. :)

Summers Family said...

Congratulations!! We are soo happy for you guys and can't wait to meet little Hailee. You look great for having just given birth Kristen! Maybe I should try the C-section route next time. Love you all!!

Sabra said...

She is cute. You look really good too.
Congratulations!

Damien and Ashley said...

Congradulations!!!! She is so pretty and I LOVE the cute video!!! Hope things are going great!

CANNON'S said...

Oh she is so adorable!! I need to stop by and see her and you! I hope you guys are doing well.